PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nick Lappos-no more questions
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2002, 08:56
ho lung chun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm back.
Ha ha, there are many clever and interesting questions, but mostly stupid ones.
Some of you have been emailing me your questions. Here is a small sample, but don't worry I will change your name to avoid embarrassment.

"George" Lappos (not his real name) wrote:

Ho Lung Chun, thank you for your help with the S92 gearbox problem. Your suggestion worked. Now I am having trouble designing the cup holders. The cups keep falling through. Help!

Ho Lung Chun sez:
Make the hole smaller or get bigger cups...derrr.

Lou Zuckernmann (not the correct spelling to preserve anonymity) wrote:
Mr Ho Lung Chun Sir,
Thank you for explaining to me about the 18 degree offset and the design features of the Robinson. I now realise what a fantastic helicopter the Robbie is. I was so wrong!! When I was a barrel boy on a whaling ship in 1822....

Dave Jackson (yes this is his real name. He is being outed for always posing annoying and irrelevant aerodynamics questions) wrote:
I have a question concerning gyroscopic precession, and here it is:
Imagine a really strong, buff, man like "The Rock" (not his real name) were to grab me by both hands and swing me rapidly round in a circle so that his body was like the vertical axis of a gyroscope and my body was horizontal to the ground with my feet prescribing the circumference of a circle. My questions is:

a).Is this technically known as a 'dizzy- whizzy" or an "aeroplane ride?"
B) If he let go of my hands would my body fly off at a tangent or at right angles to his body?

Ho Lung Chun sez:
a). It's technically a dizzy-whizzy because he is holding both hands. An aeroplane ride is where he holds an arm and a leg.
b). Try this experiment and report back to me with the results ha, ha!

Shaun S (not his full surname but it sounds like a condiment - not Trojan ha ha ha!) wrote:

Ho Lung Chun, ever since I saw your smooth, hairless body in the showers of California Fitness I have thought about nothing else. My question is, do you wax or shave?
Ho Lung Chun sez:
Neither.

Hone22 (that can't be his real name can it?), in answer to your question:
Yes, I do think you should change your login name to Captainhone22.