PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 - Tailstrike YMML 20 March
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 12:21
Marooned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No we certainly do not have a pilot council at EK. Any meeting of pilots more than the compliment of a ULR flight is considered mutiny.

My strong advice to them was to get independent legal representation as the EK lawyers are primarily looking after EK not the crew involved. I am not sure but I don't think they did get such counsel.

Q: Did they have an 'independent' or a 'company' lawyer present at any of the initial or subsequent interviews? If not why not?

It's Airbus, local authorities &, as we have witnessed, Emirates themselves verses the crew and without any buffer they are easy fodder for all.

NB: Emirates provide a 'company' lawyer in such instances, not one who is charged with protecting his clients interests independently, but the company's interests foremost. In such an incident we must get our own legal representation before we make any statements which will later be used in evidence at an enquiry.

It is a sad incident that will blight the careers of both involved. It will cost them dearly financially and could in some circumstance (not here I hope) lead to criminal charges which have to be fought against. I wish them luck.

We are the weakest link in the chain of any incident or accident, some would say a convenient link, a link which is cynically manipulated by aircraft/engine manufacturers, regulating authorities & airline companies...

Last edited by Marooned; 31st Mar 2009 at 16:33.