PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robert Mugabe "PB" in Ryanair gets Pilots to Vote YES
Old 30th Mar 2009, 20:39
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not much mileage in shooting the messenger.
For what it is worth ( maybe not much I concede ) I think PB is a decent enough bloke in an invidious position ( admittedly he accepted it)
He is told "Peter bark". . so he barks, "Peter bite". . so he bites.
I had the pleasure to be one of the hundreds called in 15mths ago to explain my "festive season sickness".
I felt he was suitably embarrassed to inflict this nonsense on us, but finally he was only doing what he was told to do.
It is worth considering his employment status if he didn't.
It is all well and good to can the man, better by far merely to can the actions of the man whilst bearing in mind that he ( like you ) needs a job.
Try not to forget where his instructions come from. . . & not forgeting where the instigator of those instructions, instructions come from.
This all goes back to greedy-b@st@rd shareholders. I don't pretend that MOL stays awake at night thinking " Oh my, I was a bit harsh on DOB today and he might have come down a bit heavily on PB, Oh my God , what has he done to those poor pilots, BUT, this all starts with the greedy grubby bar-stewards holding the purse strings, and anyone in the chain who dared to rock the boat is out on his ear. By this reckonong , decent guys like PB or Ray have only two choices, A - Comply or B- Bye Bye, maybe they find it easier to keep their job ?
I don't envy, covet or apologise for their position, but common sense demands that I try and have some understanding of it.