PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2009, 17:46
MME4eva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to sound like Gareth Southgate too much, the rights and wrongs behind the current position MME finds itself in is a debate for another day...what is important is making sure the flying public of Teesside to begin flying from MME.

Why haven't the Evening Gazette/local councils/DTV advertising department (or is that more specifically the desk in the corner of the office?) begun a campaign to encourage people to fly local rather than the futile call for the reinstatement of LHR-MME as I think this will be the only thing to actually alert people that there are still destinations you can fly to from DTV as all the negative press of route cuts will only just cause more passengers to go from NCL and LBA, bringing about the sad demise of a once (small) but successful regional airport altogether.

Talking of which, I see FR are starting ALC and GRO tomorrow..atleast that makes the lack of LHR on the departure board!!However, I wonder how sales are doing as I imagine the man down the pub will simply think after the DUB announcement, 'Ryanair have left Teesside' much like when bmibaby left and people presumed BD had too.