PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATTENTION B767/A340 CREWS!
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2001, 08:11
Stuka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Glueball:
Ovbiously you've been in SCL and you got obsessed with live in maids just as any foreigner does but let me tell you, however that for starters we make U$ 4000 and diminishing every day since the peso devaluates about 20% a year. I don't have a live in maid because I won't leave my children alone with someone I don't know and finally I don't know where you lived in SCL but there's no way you can live in Santiago without a car. And I would love to live in MIA. And finally I fly about 90 hours a month, spend 16 to 18 nights away and I get 3 weeks vacation a year If they'll give them to me since the company gives them to you when it fits them, not me. My roster is seldom kept as it was published. Anyway if you keep the proportions I doubt my lifestyle, buying power, quality of the job, retirement, prospects etc. will never get even close to what one of my US colleages have. And...you want me to live away from homebase without a car? You sure you are not one of the LanChile managers based in MIA?