PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers 'upgrading' themselves - what do you do?
Old 30th Mar 2009, 15:56
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Premium Pax rip off

Look,

let's be clear on this. Premium classes , except on long haul services, are seldom effectively differentiated between economy, other than by the flimsy addition of a curtain - whoop de do! Seat pitch is often the same given that many the A/C operate on a mix of single class domestic and international short haul!

So the premium paid is for what? Better food - What's that worth? Better service - there shouldn't be any difference! anything else? Front row seats - so what is the actual cost difference between providing a seat in row 5 to a seat in row 6? If that happens to be where the curtain comes to rest! Come on - pray tell. Premium class on short haul is an artificial veneer!

The only thing that is genuinely worth paying for on any airline is flexibility (which may also assist in earning frequent flyer rewards).

Who suffered any loss as a result on my actions? Theft is definied as misappropriation with the intent to permanently deprive - I think you actually mean trespass, for which the remedy is quite simple - ask the perpetrator to remove! If this is not done then no complaint of trespass can be upheld.

Without any challenge it could be argued that CC gave tacit approval to my occupancy of the wrong seat.

Keep your wits about you!