PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting on floats!
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2002, 00:48
breakvisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floats!

Hey thanks to everyone bar Sean of course (I asked for help not hinderance). I shall put this information to good use, but before I move on I just had a question and comment or two for redsnail and the Canadiankid.

I am actually in Cairns at the moment and have approached both operators here and in the Whitsunday and there doesn't appear to be much on the go for someone in my position just yet. They are offering to provide an endorsement and not much else. So ideally I would like to do the float endorsement with an operator who might provide a little work, but I will definately try Tassie and Alligator Airways Redsnail. By the way do you recommend getting an IR straight up or should I hold off? Do they do IR's at Alligator Airways?

Canadiankid, should I get an endorsement here in Australia and if so how do I go with an Australian licence in the Maldives? Also, don't you think you generally have to be there to get the work? And finally, any tips on working in Canada, if other options are not a goer where do you think the best opportunities for work lie in Canada?

Dolfke keep up the good work! I'm all for helping each other out.

Cheers fella's and safe skies!