PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too old to get a job when I've finished flight school?
Old 30th Mar 2009, 10:21
shaun ryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big gamble

Think about this. Airline pilots all over the place right now are in fear for their jobs. I know because I am one of them! Hopefully the majority of us will be able to keep a grip and not end up working in a petrol station or tesco's later this year. (I work for a legacy at LHR). You must be mad considering flight training at the moment. If we are worried about future employment prospects then I would suggest that you should be shtting yourself come graduation day.

Please get grip on reality for yours and your wifes sake. No amount of money spent is going to get you a job in this game. Nothing is guaranteed, most of it is luck. We are now being invaded by the pay to fly mob. Unfortunately for us!
Take it slow, learn how to fly on a PPL and enjoy that, maybe with a view to CPL training in the future should things get back to normal.

I note that you are worried about your age. I have to say that you have picked a fine time to do something about it.

Good luck.