PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATTENTION B767/A340 CREWS!
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2001, 20:20
Stuka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Folks:
First I thank you pete otube for getting my point, It shows that you are open minded when given proper arguments. To the others I once again thank you for your support, and to the guvnor, I think your doubts are valid, so I'll elaborate a little bit. Cost of living in Santiago is similar to the US, Education is more expensive, food is similar, cars are more expensive, housing is cheaper etc... And by all means I will never make as much as a doctor, not even half of it...This is a country of fenitians, did I spell it right? If you are educated in trade or slave management, then you are paid extremely well. As I stated before a manager in LanChile can make thirteen times as much as a senior captain, which I think is a bit overinflated by any world standard. As of profit sharing, LanChile has not paid them in 4 years, even though every employee of the company is entitled to it by the law thanks to some thecnicalities. And believe you me...they have made money. Finally, unfortunately chileans are not like saxons, we don't like to leave our country, most chileans die where they are born, not that I like it, but that's the way it is, and besides why should I leave a company where I invested 14 years of my life, just because management wants to screw me up?.
And one point I wanted to stress... as a passenger, who would you rather fly with?, a pilot who's a member of the union...whatever ills might that come with, and was selected by the usual selection process, and who is standarized to company procedures with a known proffessional history, or some scab with an obscure past, brought in in a hurry in order to replace me ?