PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying School vs RAAF
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2009, 05:38
Bell_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Few Good Men

The thing that the RAAF will give your son is the best maintained aircraft, more that can be said for some of the dodgy GA outfits out there. They dont go flying without a 100% serviceable aircraft - after all there is multiple aircraft to pick from on the flight line.
Maybe. Ask the pilots of Caribous how much oil these aircrafts leak. They like to call this an 'anti corrosion' feature. Even Harley Davidson mechanics fix their leaks. Why don't the uniforms?

I was in Forrest when 3 Sea Kings flew in for Jet A1. They didn't shut down on the ground when they re-fuelled. There's a good reason for this. The crew told me it might not start again.

Then, there's the small matter of the Kanimbla helo split pin incorrectly fitted by maintenance staff, but let's not go there.

Too many other examples to list, but I think you know where I am coming from.

Another consideration is the social aspect of the people in the airforce - people outside the forces just don't get it! Mates for life
Perhaps, but, there's a famous sound bite from a movie when Lieutenant Caffey says, "You don't need to wear a patch on your arm to have honour".