PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 30th Mar 2009, 01:33
Bagheera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diary of a possible redundantee, 18 years air traffic experience ( area procedural, area radar, ground ,tower and approach now an ATSA)

DAY 1 -Received an email the other day ( from [email protected]), I quote " EFPS introduction requires that a number of ATSA posts are no longer needed". Thats a pretty smart system, here was me thinking that it just dealt with the strip processing but no apparently it deals with unit staffing requirements as well. Just as well, management havent got a clue what the hells going on!

Day 2 [email protected] informs me I need to attend an interview with respect to voluntary redundancy can I possibly attend at 11-00 Thursday or 13-00 Friday. Reply that 11-00 Thurs is a bit tight because I have just come off a night shift and need some sleep. 13-00 Fri would be better because I can come in early whilst I am in to cover the back shift of the ATSA that they never bothered to replace.

Day 3 Get reply. Interview 11-00 Thurs.

Day 4 Night shift (Dont take a break cos its snowing all night and know that aircraft need the latest conditions )

Day 5 Guess what its snowing again.

Day 6 Get 2 hours sleep and come in for my interview. They tell me I can ask questions at any time... So How many ATSA's are you looking to get rid of? will remain? Im sorry cant tell you that.
So what will the duties of an ATSA be once EFPS come in.... Im sorry cant tell you that.
So what will be the working roster of an ATSA once EFPS comes in....Im sorry cant tell you that.
To be be fair to the guy from HR he did for a second look a bit embarrassed!

This company is going down the plughole so quickly ( God I used to be so proud to work here), the experience is just being allowed to drift away and god help the rest of us that are left. If you are having any problems just email faceless.nats.uk apparently he has all the answers!!!!!

Baggy