PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You might be an aircraft engineer if.....
Old 29th Mar 2009, 22:36
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
You are an engineer if.....

You ride your motorbike around the front of the hangers at Leeming on the apron and incur the wrath of a Winco Eng whilst pointing out you are looking for the Line Office....... Post Bollocking for not only that, but walking across "HIS" grass eventually find the Line Office..

Regail the tale to them as I am there to meet one of our Chinooks that is calling in for fuel and to pick me up, Quick chat to SATCO on phone and permission given to ride out to the said Chinook when it arrives.

Just about to head across the Apron when Staff Car with some BrownJob with pennants flying drives past to some visiting Aircraft, followed by Staishes Car then a RAF Mini with said Winco in it, so join on end of procession, follow them out across the Apron...... pulled over again for another rant for same thing in front of visitor at which point I say BUT I have permission....

Pulled up by SWO at Gutersloh for wearing Combat Jacket and given the Station Standing Orders blurb, only to be worn on Detachments or exercise etc speech......
you point out you are on Detachment, so then falls back on the Haircut and in my office at 3.00 PM, look at watch.... Hmmm 9.30 AM, should be in the bar back in UK by 3 PM........ wonder if he is still waiting for me