PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian looking for the African adventure
Old 29th Mar 2009, 12:55
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC
There is a saying "Africa is not for Sissies". Add that to the fact you have low time and there is a reason for my next suggestion. No inference to you on that, but there are many other issues in Africa on top of the flying that play in the game. Health and Security are the biggest, specially when you are new to the Dark Continent.
A suggestion would be to get your float rating and hang out in the Great White North while you continue to build time. Maybe dropping Meat Missles if jobs are scarce. Get as many ratings as you can afford while doing so. As many others, giving instruction allows you the opportunity to starve a bit slower.
And remember putting a face to a resume helps. If your insistant and before you sell your worldly belongings to head out and conquor the unknown , consider taking a few weeks vacation down that way. Many here will give you some guidance as to companies to visit. There is another great African Aviation website I will send you via PM if you choose. It is not really popular with the Mods here so I cannot post it for all to see..

Good Luck.