PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What next- post PPL?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2009, 10:20
Adam106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in a similar position to most of you except I've already started the ATPL exams - 5 done, the next 3 in two weeks time. I plan to finish all 14 by August and my main concern is the 36 month limit. I'm working full time and plan to stay full time for the next year and a half. I just hope I can get the 150 hrs done by summer 2010 when I plan to start the CPL/IR. To say the hour building is gentle at the moment is somewhat of an understatement but time and funds don't permit more.
To those concerned about doing the ATPLs and holding down a FT job - I would say that it's not that difficult and more than doable. I'm a teacher and fitting in the study and exam practice is a struggle sometimes but if you spread the whole lot over 12 months or so the exams really aren't that bad. I do maybe 7 - 10 hours a week study. I reckon the exams are going to be far the easiest part of the whole process.
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who is finding the hour building a frustrating and rather lonely process.