PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2009, 00:07
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
racedo you certainly don't make it sound easy to me! The shares referred to are not in another company, but in the same company, so the remark quoted above is both irrelevant and misleading. (In fact the issues relating to this are not rocket science and a clear explanation could have been provided, if you really knew).

I just love the suggestion that a paper loss is not real in the case above, but - when you commented on a paper loss involving Aer Lingus pilots - you seem to have a completely different view. This is surprising since the Aer Lingus investment by pilots was a strategic investment. So it appears that your opinions in both cases are 180 degrees wrong!
I have revised the previous BUT have been clear its NOT a paper loss its real because you have to state the Loss in Value of Investment against their Profits....thats why suggesting 130 M in Q4 and they have already taken 93M in last 3 Quarters. This is exactly same as EI pilots surprisingly enough as the value of their investment has gone down.

It doesn't have any impact on cash with FR because in FRs case the shares are already paid for with no loan, has an impact on the EI Pilots because they had a loan of 10m against the shares plus their 15M input, shares worth prob 5.5 M so new loan will be for way less than 10M so need to make up the diff between New loan and paying BoS back, I'm suggesting 15k ish but happy to be corrected with real figure.