PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 23:31
Aloue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A company will have the value of the investment in another companies shares shown in Balance sheet ...
racedo you certainly don't make it sound easy to me! The shares referred to are not in another company, but in the same company, so the remark quoted above is both irrelevant and misleading. (In fact the issues relating to this are not rocket science and a clear explanation could have been provided, if you really knew).

I just love the suggestion that a paper loss is not real in the case above, but - when you commented on a paper loss involving Aer Lingus pilots - you seem to have a completely different view. This is surprising since the Aer Lingus investment by pilots was a strategic investment. So it appears that your opinions in both cases are 180 degrees wrong!

Your posts suggest that you are very confident of opinions that are poorly supported. I just loved your willingness to also answer questions about pilot ownership of shares in Aer Lingus - though here again a careful reading suggests your confident assertions are supported mainly by a seriously excessive tendency to hot air, combined with little real understanding.

I now remember why I gave up reading PPRuNe some years ago! I think I might revert. Aviation seems to be inhabited by experts who know tiddly squat other than how to spout confident twaddle.