PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Douglas Gilbert - Trifle in the Sky
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 22:53
Malcolm Gilbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Trifle in The Sky

Hi Kev

Very pleased you enjoyed the book I can confirm most is true (you have to add a little embroidery! he would say)

Yes the first print run was of 250 copies only, I believe a second short print run, of I was told a hundred copies was printed? The book was without an ISBN No. I had agreed a second small print run and was promised some copies, which I never received!! Still trying to contact flibinite who put the book together?

A colourful character! the book only tells a fraction of his life, he has an amazing photo scrap book which he started during the war and carried it on into the 60's some 200 pages of approx A3 plus size, the covers made from a crashed Oxford! How do I know all this? well I own the scrap book and copyright to the book as I am his son! I assisted my Father in putting the book and in particular the photos together.

I am now semi retired but as a keen Writer and Photographer I have many photos from my Fathers Album which of course are of much interest to many people and instituitions

I would be pleased to assist you in any way.

Kind Regards

Malcolm Gilbert

PS
I have had to contact the Auster Club regarding a copy right infringement which has been acknowledged by them.

Last edited by Malcolm Gilbert; 18th Sep 2010 at 09:28. Reason: additional information