PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATTENTION B767/A340 CREWS!
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2001, 16:39
RightsFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I just want to find out from the pro-management types on here, can we safely assume that all pilot industrial action is "greedy, selfish, and irresponsible", and that whatever management action, or inaction, precipitated the pilot action is by definition " considerate, responsible, and justified."
Once we have that sorted, we would have to say that all employees should accept whatever is doled out by these altruistic and benevolent managements,without question, and continue to give their dedicated service as a matter of obligation to their customers, fellow employees and company shareholders.

I may have to modify my view that 90% of industrial strife is caused by inflexible, intransigent, and uncaring management seeking to maximise returns at any cost, not least employee health, safety, and welfare.

Like Guvnors constant bleating about level playing fields in route rights, there is a parallel with pilot employment, in that immigration, licencing and other barriers ensure that pilots are not a commodity freely tradeable on the world market, and therefore the pilot market is an uneven playing field at least as unfair as Guvnors.

I think I have to seek a quiet retreat somewhere where I can work on my submission gratitude and humility.

I will engage Guvnor, 411A, Pete O'Tube and others as tutors so that I can learn my lesson well.