PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jail and 10-year ban for Thomson pilot!
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 21:57
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staying on topic ( I hope ) it is a rather up society that thinks that putting a professional guy in jail for 6 months because he misjudged ( or perhaps had another medical problem that altered ) the time required to expel alcohol from his system.
For God sake , he was hardly what you could call pi$$ed was he? Surely the only thing that really matters is whether he has a problem with the juice, or whether this was a one-off miscalculation. Perhaps not his first "misjudgement" I admit, and prior to this he had been lucky, but in any case the guy needs help or his ear bent, hardly worthy of 6 months porridge.
Firefly Bob, if you look at the list of "disqualifying offences " published by the DoT it will open your eyes, forgot to pay your petrol on the way home from a 12hr duty starting at awful o'clock ? Bye Bye airside pass. . . . pathetic. No relation between that and an affinity to Al Quieda,(sp?) but well, in this screwed up country that issued our passport who cares ?
Thank God I was young when I was , and no longer have anything to do with living in "politically correct Blighty". My chance of staying a free man would be marginal at best.
As previously mentioned, a world of difference between this case , and the recent one where "yer man" was supported by his company ( Oh no Sir, not in the UK please ) and was to be hopefully re-instated following counselling.
We used to be able to lay claim to being an enlightened tolerant nation. For fear of immediate removal of my post I will not express my considered opinion of the current state of play in respect of the YOO Kay