PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 28th Mar 2009, 19:36
migas8982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey David,

The names of the tests, are irrelevant to be honest about it...
but think what its important for a pilot in the middle east...
first think what is important for a pilot to have as qualities....

He needs to have good orientation, a pilot needs to know how to work with numbers, if we are going to the Middle East you need to know about what is the Middle East, and the countries that compose the middle east, which is a big list etc....

If you start using your own mind to know what a pilot needs to have as characteristics, you know what type of exams you might expect
I don't want to seem arrogant with my previous statement, because I'm not, and I intend to keep it that way...

The Captain responsible for the assessment, told us, and I completely agree with it,
that there is no gain in knowing what type of aptitude tests are going to come out...if you train yourself with aptitude tests that are free all over the internet, make IQ tests etc..., you'll be able to understand what kinds of tests are common to airlines, and you'll be able to work on them...but what matters here, this is mainly what they tested, the aptitude of the candidate to work under pressure...
In an emergency, there are over hundreds of people that will be screaming their guts out, you have to be the person upfront that leads everyone, the person that everyone will trust, and the only person aboard the airplane that will remain like if its a normal situation...
Before trying to be a pilot, try to see as well the consequences it implies, the way you'll have to start behaving yourself, because everything you'll learn, basically, is how to control the airplane in every possible condition that may occur in normal flight and emergencies...imagine that you are handflying an airplane, and suddenly you enter a huge bad looking cloud, and then when you look at the instruments you see the airplane is completely out of control, but you feel like the airplane is going straight...these are the kinds of things people need to start thinking of...

regards,
Miguel

Last edited by migas8982; 28th Mar 2009 at 19:57.