PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Heels
Thread: High Heels
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2002, 19:13
nutmeg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too am a late reader of this story and am utterly amazed by this girls stupidity! One response asked how other females in the RAF felt about her actions... Completly gob smacked! I am aware of at least 5 stories involving obviously less significant injuries, such as my own broken pelvis. Did I or the other cadets sue? Of course we bloody well didn't! Getting better, proving we really could complete IOT and earn our commission, teamed with a bit of acceptance that sometimes 'these things happen' and nobody is to blame, all came into play. So we got on with it and were on that Grad parade in our own right.

How can she hold her head up and wear a uniform? Unfortunately, this is an example of the military at its' worst.

Just outof interest, does anybody know where this cadet is pretending to serve at the moment? If so, it would be interesting to post her reaction to reading the responses from the real members of the RAF. Maybe somebody should press the print button and send these pages to her?