PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAE Flight Academy: Students' feedback please!
Old 28th Mar 2009, 14:05
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the Rumours & DAEFA

Hi guys, I am a student of DAE FA, where I was supposed to start on the 22nd of March, but due to the Security Clearances & Background checks that must be done for Ab-Intio cadets (New Rule by the GCAA & Police)...the course was delayed till mid April...where I was the only one to get the security clearance till this moment (4 more cadets togo).

About closing DAE FA or any other bad rumours...DAE FA is fine & are reconsidering their purchase of the Eclipse 500, where they are thinking of switching to the Phenom 100 or the Citation Mustang!, & accordingly get the FTDs.

About DAE FA being owned by Emirates...ofcourse not, but HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum is the Owner/CEO of DAE & Emirates Plus a couple of other businesses...

About the Cadets & their job placements, the first batch of cadets will be graduating in July this year...this is due to the Economic Crisis that affected the delivery of the Eclipse Jets!, about the job placements, some confidential stuff is going on there (at the Academy) where some airlines had a visit to the Academy & admired it! in addition to other Business jet companies that are looking for pilots to fly their VLJs & other Business Jets, an insider told me that an agreement will be there sometime before July hopefully.

ByTheWay, DAE FA is looking for a Max of 10 cadets per intake & not any cadets...I mean, I went through 3 days of intensive screening & Interviews & finally passed...while the other candidates couldn't make it, only 3 made through out of 7 applicants!, these people are not looking for the money, but looking for the quality!