PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO 4 Examining
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 12:32
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hola Arik -
xxx
You are - as I understand - certificated as examiner for your EU country's ICAO 4 Examination. So you are fully qualified. As far as approving you in that other Latin America country, to have you certificated, is their burden (and responsiblity), not yours. It is up to them to approve you, or not. All such qualifications are issued by each ICAO separate member state.
xxx
As far as I am concerned, if I did train anyone having a ATPL from FAA, JAR or Anglo Saxon nation aviation authorities, it is obvious that they speak English and are at or above Level 4 English language proficient. Look at the FAA. they issue such endorsement automatically to any licence holder, without specific test, and it means to be at least "level 4". My FAA certificate does not specify "Level 4, 5 or 6"... who cares. It is "one of those" - their choice.
xxx
And there are some Cockneys that speak English Level 1 or 2... is it not...? When I watch "The Eastenders" on TV, I read the subtitles to understand. I speak with the English accent used in the People's Republic of California, and I can understand and confirm (in that jargon) the "cleared for takeoff" clearance received in Quetta, Baluchistan... or Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso... Once again - with English Proficiency Level 4 (or above) - ICAO reinvented the wheel, and JAR immediately followed the bandwagon. JAR politicians salaries are proportional to the numbers of new rules they issue.
xxx

Happy contrails