PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial action!
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 12:20
THE POINTY END

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spent quite a few years in FR and lived through the continuing degrading t&c's such as the taking away of crew water, no traveling expences, paying for hotels etc. It was a totally miserable place to be. The feeling I have witnessed amoung crews at ezy is almost identical to those that were felt in Ryanair. It's a horrid avenue to continue down. I can understand a difficult economic climate and the need to reduce costs, but why is it always the crews who have to pay? During my last rotation, not once was there a GPU for us on stand at my home base. Sorry, it was there, but no ground personel had turned it on and plugged it in. So, lets burn the fuel for the APU then. There are trained cabin crew who have not had their contracts renewed and are forced to leave. At the same time the company continue to train new cabin crew at a cost. We fly with poorly stocked bars and can't sell to the punter. And because of this the cabin crew get it in the neck for not meeting the cost per head. Even when we ask for a new bar we're told no. So why should we as crews who do try to save money for the company and go the extra mile have to make up for the for huge mismanagment from those above us? I don't think striking is the answer as it will undoubtadly put our jobs at risk in such a difficult economic climate, but give it a year or so (peaks and troughs) when the market place is better, we can vote with our feet and go where the grass will be alot greener. Treat people like crap and don't expect ANY loyalty. That was the how it was in FR, I'm just sad that EZY is becoming an orange version.