PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 09:39
chainsaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR8,

I've been waiting for this:

Your acceleration (even in a perfect world) will initially increase, then decrease again.
TOP MARKS MR8! You are 100% spot-on!!!!! Pity there's a few punters here who don't realise this, and if they actually took the time to understand high-capacity transport category aircraft performance a bit better then they'd realise there's a lot more to it than meets the eye!!!

Recommended reading for those who want to find out more about the machinery that they drive - BOEING JET PERFORMANCE TRANSPORT METHODS (D61420). Yeah, and guess what........it applies to the Bus too! I know!

Spend some time 'Googling' if you don't believe me.....you WILL find the actual graph that substantiates MR8s TOTALLY correct statement!

A380-800 driver............do you want to elaborate on your concept of:

40% of available take-off power
Because there's a VERY big difference between REDUCED thrust and DERATED thrust.

As an aside, I had to stop flying in 2007 due to the big 'C'. The stuff that you guys keep posting, the sheer diversity of opinion, and the 'ruthless' pursuit of reason amongst many (most??) of you makes me really appreciate just what ENORMOUS talent is out there in our industry, and how glad I was to have been part of it while I could!

Thanks all!

Last edited by chainsaw; 28th Mar 2009 at 10:14.