PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 00:17
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parsnip, old root vegetable, you are a natural born cynic.Peel actually have an airports division and I believe they genuinely wanted to run an airport operation. When they took over the future looked rosy and the profits endless.However, things have taken a turn for the worse and they are pumping money into the airports without any prospect of return in the forseeable future. Their problem was not in starting the airports division but who they have employed to run it.
Skyman stop being pretentious.Just because I fly on holiday does not make me any less of a soothsayer than you. I have also done more than my fair share of souless business flying as well and in fact have logged as many hours as most who are not employed in the flying business. My point was that the holiday companies are due a bumper harvest this summer and will as all companies do look to expand to show their shareholders they are getting value for money. This is where MME has to step in but on past form I don't hold out much hope.