PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtours captain sacked for flyby
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2002, 16:15
Septimus Pyecroft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Koi, you were on the flight which according to an earliier post was just ground support personnel and engineers, but your profile says you are a pilot. Would I be right in thinking that you were a management pilot, or just an innocent bystander?If so, what steps did you take in supervising or preventing the flyby and in that case, between you and the pilot concerned,who reported it to the Company? I ask this because as mentioned earlier, the Captain had permission from the airfield so it seems unlikely that someone on the ground complained.
You also mentioned in your post what a shame for all 'the others affected by a person's selfish action, not least those who have to clear up afterwards and those onto whom the mess gets flung'.
Surely if the flyby was taken in the spirit which it was flown, that is, (according to original post), 'on completion of the Haj contract', no mess would have been generated and a possible'ticking off' more appropriate.
This whole situation seems to me to have been completely blown out of proportion.