PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 20:28
BDLBOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shops at MAN

I don't think anyone has an issue with any airport having shops, it is a good way of generating revenue. The problem is at MAN, they have lost the plot regards running an efficient and effective airport. Maybe retail is the biggest earning part, but it is totally dependant on me and my fellow pax. My last visit into MAN was on US in Feb. No toilets in baggage claim! Departing T2 is like a rabbit warren with poor signs and those god damned shops thrown here there and everywhere. It looks like the person who designed the layouts for every terminal at MAN, never set foot inside an airport - EVER. They will not attract more passengers with what they have done to the place, and remember more PAX = More shoppers!! That needs explaining to the management, because they have turned the award winning, easy to use airport into a cluster ****.

I am an overseas visitor who visits MAN five or six times per year. I have used the airport consistently for the last 25 years, and the present state is sad to see. I do not know the present Management personally, but from what they have done to the airport, I am not confident that MAN will get any better.