PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 19:02
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
time CX

C130 operations - a long time ago in my career - on short field ops we calculated exactly that event - time to 80 kts( for example)

the nav called 'time' with the precalc'd seconds and you either had the speed 'go ' or you didnt - and 'stopped'..

it picked up runway condition / slush mud etc - not entirely relevant to civil ops but the point is there.

I notice we get bogged down starting the friggin clock when we roll the jet ( apparently so we can monitor take of thrust - or time to next coffee break or something??)

Unfortunately it seems that no matter how fool proof the engineers try and design something their model of the real world is continually tested.

I think the highlight of Dairy's post was the observation of how 'non standard' our attitudes and beliefs are with regard to how standardised we really think we are...but arent..?? sorry poor english again.

Several of these posts comment on the lack of incorporation of 4 crew into a 2 crew system - ad hoc etc.

This surely needs to be addressed? more eyes, more seen, does not make.

some really good posts guys ... keep thinking there are some excellent ideas out there..