PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air getting B777
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 18:10
lpokijuhyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I applied to basically every airline in the region including Gulf Air. Type Rated in B744, B747, LR-Jet, IA-Jet. Total time just under 4000. JAA and FAA ATPL licensed. Have flown in and out of this region several times.
Do I not meet the min. requirements for GulfAir because I dont have time in 777 or A320?
Heck, I even applied to Saudi Arabian because their website said they need 747 people... and I can't get a reply. Do you think some of these companies simply do not update their webpages?
I also applied everywhere in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Is it true that if a person has 10,000 hours in a B744 and he is applying at a company that operates the 777 and A320, that he/she cannot even get an interview? I guess 10 hours in an A320 or 737 is more valuable than a million hours in a widebody? Do these companies think that it is impossible to train somebody to fly a different type of aircraft. Heck, even if you got experience in the aircraft a particular company operates, you are still going to have to go through the training like everybody else...right?
I know that there are folks out there who have way more experience. I think I just have time in the wrong aircraft