PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 17:22
Toulost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But don't let it get to your head.

Acting like one might be important to survive in a company that has a corporate culture like PAL's. But at the very least, I beseech you future pilots to throw this mindset away right before you enter a cockpit.

Anyone who has an idea of the teamwork that has to happen inside a cockpit knows that this dodo culture breeds the complete antithesis of a safe partnership between Pilot-Flying and Pilot Monitoring. It pretty much throws a solid foundation for CRM (Crew Resource Management) outside the window.

Kung kailangang magpaka-dodo, ok na siguro ang maki-acting-acting sa barracks. Pero kung pwede lang, isuka niyo na muna ito sa bawat beses na hahawak ng 172.

It's never right that an upperclassman shouts at you or "exercises his seniority" over you. It doesn't teach you to be respectful of seniors. It teaches you to be a subordinate. Once you begin to think that maybe a First Officer is also a subordinate of a Captain, then you get accidents like the past runway overruns.

But sadly, things like that will happen and will continue to happen in PALAS. Pero madali lang ang solusyon: pasok lang sa isang tenga, labas sa kabila.

Anyway, wherever all you future pilots may end-up, always ask yourself "Am I being taught to be safe?" and "Am I being taught to work with others IN ORDER TO BE safe?"

Blue skies and safe flying to all!

Last edited by Toulost; 27th Mar 2009 at 17:34.