PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Wiring Diagrams
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 16:04
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Pretty well impossible I would think.

If you mean to be prepared for an interview, then just get to know some of the basic philosophies. What is A/C wild used for, and the usual voltage you could expect. Frequency of the static inverters. Backup battery logic. The kind of power needed to heat glass at 500 kts in -50c air. Those kind of things. Looking at an aircraft's circuits would be futile IMO.

Every time I learned a new aircraft, I would re-draw the pilot's circuit. Remember, pilots only have to know the schematics. On a couple of occasions, my bosses liked it so much that it was put in the manual, with all the work needed to get it past the ministry of air, but for the most part, people just did not care.

Yep, it's something I have always felt strongly about.

When I briefly taught the ATR electrics, the factory course had been so mind-bogglingly bad, that I resolved to change the way it was taught. Showing a class the pictures of a thousand wires and then what happens when a relay closes, is just plain daft. After years in electronics, I had difficulty tracing what was going on, most of my colleagues just learned parrot-fashion.