PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - after A-level...
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 14:49
Miles Gustaph

Location: Behind a dusty desk, and in some really hot, dusty, wet and cold places subject to who is paying the bill. But mostly Gods own land.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately due to the current world economic crisis Apprenticeships are few and far between, which would be your easiest way into the industry.

To get a license to work on aircraft, which I appreciate is not necessary for a career in Aviation Maintenance, but certainly comes with a bigger salary, you need to be over 21, have four and a half years experience of aircraft maintenance in the trade of your choice, or you do an apprenticeship, then you do your exams...

I'm probably going to get shot down for saying this, and I hope I never meet your mother but I'd look at doing a stint in the military. I think it's fair to say the majority of engineers in the industry learned their trade in the forces as apprenticeships have always been few and far between.

Anyway good luck with your search, and keep an eye on Aviation Job search for job adverts you never know something may turn up.

Miles