PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial action!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 14:15
unb5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
conditions

I have read this post with tongue in cheek but need to add my 2 cents. I am unemployed at the moment and continue to see and speak with people who have had their T&C s diminished and or removed while at the top end things seem to be better with bonus's and what not. The whole idea of being unionized is so that employees can speak with one voice and communicate with management. It was said earlier that your management is imposing these new ideas without a discussion thereby ignoring communication. What would it take to bring them back to the table and communicate before strike action ? The work to rule idea sounds good.
To those of you opposed to organized labour I suggest you take a look at the conditions in a place like the UAE where employees have absolutely no rights. You should be glad that your constitution allows for such means and not excercising your rights means that you will end up losing them by default. I am not condoning a strike nor dissuading public action...If saving 400,000 £ is going to make or break the company then they have bigger underlying issues that need to be looked at.
Good Luck Easy Pilots ..may the force be with you.