PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 14:13
kingoftheslipstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks

WRT integratin' the augment crew with the operatin' crew there's a lotta high spirited barkin goin' on but the fact remains that the A345 is a two person flight deck.

The SOPs taken from FCOM 3 make no reference whatsoever to CM3 or CM4, there is only a CM1 and a CM2. CM1 and CM2 are further allocated duties by reference to wether 'er not they are PF or PNF. Period. This is the way the manufacturer certified the aircraft and the regulators agreed.

The FOM, Ch 14 has some interstin' stuff regarding this and you kin bet that from AAR down they'll all be havin' a good study of it. Fer reasons of corporate confidentiality I won't be referin' to chapter 'n verse, nor will I publish it on this here forum. Suffice to say it's a document that like most of what this company writes give one more than enough rope ta let ya hang yerself with. It's airy fairy 'nuff to screw somebody over perty good, but it don't specifically define responsibilities an' it don't take in ta account what might be happenin' when the engineer is in the centre jumpseat completing the tech log with the fuel figgers or what might be gettin' handled in the cabin on behalf a the opertin' crew by one of the augmenters... say chasin' down stuff fer the CRC or gettin' the walk around done er whatever. It's a pretty grey area.

As the poet says: I ain't so wise as those lawyer guys... but I reckin' that the augmenters got a pertty good case for being let alone here.

That's ma two bits worth