PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 13:09
CloudSailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominican,

You have the experience of being there and a contract that states 11 days off, two big advantages.

Obviously you know what is going on, since you've been there for 2 + years. I am very thankful for all your posts, and used a lot of your info in the decision making process to pursue this contract.

CReW repeatedly told me that the contract that I'm signing only has 8 days off consecutive guaranteed, and that if the operation in the future demands it, that's what they would practice. It sounded like a warning to me in the sense of "we told you very clearly before you signed the contract that 8 in a row was all that is guaranteed". That was enough to make me realize I would have NO ground to stand on by saying "you guys give everybody 10 off in a row"...

Maybe they change the contract from time to time. When I applied through CReW, AJV offered 10 consecutive, now it is only 8. I wanted to take your words and EK's on Airline Pilot Central forums, and use that as my contract. At the end of the day though, I am responsible for the language I was going to sign off on, not the posts I've read here, you know what I mean?

A lot of things can happen in 5 years. They might actually need to give guys only the 8 days consecutive. We'll see. On the other hand, they might improve on the contract for everyone, like they've done in the past.

Enjoy your time there, you have a great deal going.