PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How NOT to become a Police pilot!
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2002, 13:29
Hoverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest installment from my source is the PPL visited the ASU twice a week at least for a year or so before he got any flights. Says he has his own company (true) he's selling (not true), his own EC120 (not true), is freelance heli pilot (not true). All very friendly, but no pax on police ops flights so no rides.
The shiny new 135 arrives, and he learns the numbers with everybody else. Then a vacancy is coming up and, if he's an applicant, he can ride with them as 'famil flights' etc.
He applies with a CV which puts him in Nick Lappos/John Farley league and, boom boom, gets to ride in a police 135! They like him, want to help him so he's offered line training to fill the only gap in his fantastic CV, he's never been a police pilot. He's been a PPL for 10-15 years, and gets though his Line Check with good scores.

I can see how it happened. I think he wanted the rides. How could he ever get the job?
BUT even if it wasn't a criminal offence, he must have known if the brown stuff hit the fan the guys in the ASU who'd been so good to him would be covered in it.

Last edited by Hoverman; 2nd May 2002 at 13:40.