PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestigious route? Or Cheap Route?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 00:07
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you'll find ex-students from OAA who graduated last year and still have yet to find a job. Then you may have a pilot working as a FO who graduated from a smaller modular school.

Some students think after 250hrs at OAA they are ready to take on a 737 by the horns and then you have a person who will finish a modular school with 250hrs, then work as an FI for 2 years, get 700+hrs and then work for a neighbouring air taxi come BizJet Operator.

There is no true answer to your questions but if you read the threads you'll come to some conclusion. I don't personally think a 250hr OAA pilot has a better chance of getting into an airline than a pilot who has over 1,500hrs on a KingAir. But some will argue otherwise.

I should imagine that in 2 years time the airlines will be taking on again, but they will be taking on the ex-pilots of Zoom, SilverJet, Oasis, Eos, Maxjet etc. I'm looking to finish my training and have my log book and CV look as tempting as possible for 3 to 4 years time. But a fresh young student from a school like OAA with no bad habits might be just what an airline wants in 2011 .. You gotta be in it to win it.