PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If your a happy First Officer at Qatar Airways then please do inform me!
Old 26th Mar 2009, 20:10
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as " interesting times" go, I would say that can be for the better or the worse now, isnt'it?

So I can find myself to agree with your first sentence, however I find your second sentence a bit superficial and narrowminded! To say that ALL people in QR are people without any future in any other airlines goes a bit far. True, this could count for about 50%, but I would not underestimate the other 50% If I where you!

I guess if you would have a look around in the files of the 1000+ pilots around here you would be amazed by the calibre of certain people!

SD replaced by KF? I would never have guessed that one, for several reasons. While I do not doubt KF's capabilities, I do not see the reason why SD would be asked to resign only 1 year after being put on the seat. He did a good job as far as I am concerned. Ok, he was not liked by some people, mainly because he was rather demanding (rightfully so) and he had a certain way of saying things. But one has to ask himself the question: do you want a manager in position who is just a puppet of the higher management or do you want somebody in that seat who guards over the level and competence of his department?

I know as well that SD and SS had a very strange working relationship but hey, in the end they both did get the job done! Different styles, same end destination!

So some good news and some bad news....Things never change in QR!