PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your slot's cancelled!
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2001, 21:03
10W

PPRuNe Bashaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Flowman

I wouldn't bother. With his attitude he neither appears to want to believe what he's told, nor listen to it.

Twistedfirefighter

Pot calling kettle, pot calling kettle, come in kettle.

You come out giving the lecture to ATC Watcher and Numpo Nigit

- Is it absolutely necessary to give a reply which even when is partly informative - contains some stupid personal remark
This from someone who starts the thread off with a comment like

What MORON is in charge at Brussels?
Perhaps I can use one of your quotes for myself next.

I think I'll let the rest of the pilots here to judge the above

Did you ever ask your Ops people to find out what these problems were due to ?? They can you know, as they have access to the CFMU equipment which will show exactly what the slot was all about. And then if you don't believe the reason, or have a gripe, you will know exactly which Area Control Centre to call up about it. They would be happy to try and discuss the situation with you and let you know what is going on.

On last minute changes, let's take an example. Doesn't happen every day but not too uncommon now and then to have a runway blocked, could be a burst tyre, aircraft come off the paved area, whatever. So the airfield and the TMA around it may put on restrictions - very very suddenly. You're just pushing when this happens unfortunately. And you want us to still let you go ?? Meanwhile everyone else plays it your way and wants the same. Only thing is, there's no runway any more so there's lots of holding and diversions taking place. But hey, you're all pushed back so we should just let you get into the system which is going to become clogged up. Can't have an anti-aviation system whose prime goal is the safe and efficient movement of air traffic getting in the way after all. An extreme example perhaps, but do you know this wasn't what happened in your second situation. Oh hang on, I apologise, looks like I just wasted your time.

So come on guys, don't bother to explain this to me

Fortunately for all the other pilots reading, people in ATC and the FMU WILL try to improve slots where they can, WILL cancel regulations as soon as they feel it's safe to do so, and WILL try to explain to operators the rationale behind them if enquiries are made. It is the least that professionals would do. I am sure that the vast majority of you would wish us to continue to do so and accept the reasoning provided for individual or generic cases, which are providing assistance to a better operation in the greater scheme of things. For some though it will always be a case of me, me, me, and sod everyone else and their problems.

So, if you really want to see how it all hangs together, visit your local Flow Management Position at your local ACC, or visit the CFMU near Brussels Airport. I would like to think that you will find it very educational. It might also demonstrate that we don't know which aircraft Twistedfirefighter is on and that all his woes are not personally directed at him by his 'friends' in ATC and the CFMU