PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Lyneham closing early.
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2009, 16:07
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Having just come from the HQ and spoken to the man running this thing from our end I can confirm that Lyneham is looking to close this Friday, at about 4. If anyone has any flying planned over that time they are requested to carry extra div fuel.

Personnel are to have vacated their quarters by 0700 on Saturday morning. As WF says there are plans to use caravans and possibly tents. They are also looking at using a few of the Ks that only have a couple of left and crash landing them in fields around Brize. The fuselages will then be used as temporary overspill accomodation for the Brize Officers Mess. Any remaining personnel still requiring accomodation will be allocated spaces at an Illegal Immigrant Detention Centre of their choice.

addendum
WF - This remains a rubbish rumour and I'm disappointed you haven't put more effort into it.
And as for you northern lot moaning about racism; dry your eyes. I hate bloody moaning Jock

ies and their horses.

Boom boom. I'm here all week. Well, until Friday at 4 when we all move to Brize....

PS. Stop feeding the troll you muppets

Last edited by StopStart; 26th Mar 2009 at 18:12.