PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex Forces? Full Pension? Watch out!!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2009, 13:08
Dual ground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's feeling sorry for themselves? I personally wouldn't touch military contracts with a barge pole. I don't even work in the UK, I stay in Europe where my accomodation and flights are paid for or I receive allowances as part of my package.

I guess the point is that IF no-one sold themselves short and took these jobs then the rate would have to go up. However, trying to get engineers to stick together even when they all work for the same company is like trying to herd cats. Trying to get connies to stick together is like trying to push you-know-what uphill with a pointy stick.

I just think an attitude of "stop whinging, get a licence, the world owes you nothing, bloody ex-forces useless wasters" is hardly constructive either. Yes I am ex-forces, no I don't have a pension, yes I am unlicensed and no, I wouldn't get out off bed for crap money like that and I just find it hard to believe that people do. The training we received in the forces makes us worth more than that. Guys who are leaving have to have a bit more belief in themselves and their value to civvy employers (without getting too far up themselves obviously).

Comments like " It's only because a company took the chance on you, an un-licensed ex-forces chap" are in my opinion quite derogatory and are not going to encourage forces leavers to set their sights to an appropriate level.