PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2009, 12:37
European flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know guys, while I don't participate much but constantly read this post, take my advice and JUST IGNORE RACEDO. He obviously has some idiotic hidden agenda and his input to this thread is of NO interest to anyone.

The only time I will aim a post at him.

Racedo... why post so much about what BAD SHAPE Aer Lingus is in?
Do you also joing threads about the MANY other airlines who have LOST a lot more money than EI?

Let's just recap 2008, while results are dissappointing, they are by far NOT THE WORST out there amongst airlines.
Lets see some interesting points for 2008 (I'm loking at the positives, admit there are negatives, but as many were extraordinary, and given current cliamte and what ALL airlines are facing, and many being crippled by it -not the case of EI, so far, thankfully-):
  • TOTAL REVENUE..........+5.6%
  • Load factor.........-2.6
  • TOTAL PAX CARRIED.....+7.5%
  • OVERALL PAX REVENUE.............+2.5
  • SHORT-HAUL PAX REVENUE....+1.3%
  • LONG-HAUR PAX REVENUE........+5%
  • ANCILLARY REVENUE.........+37.7%
  • CARGO REVENUE..........+5.5%
  • OTHER REVENUE..........+11.5%

Not actually that bad... but of course, you Racedo will ignore this, not admit or twist it.

Contributing to negative side for alst year were the significant exceptional items, and of course the +58.4% increase in fuel costs.

Got some bad news for you Racedo, AER LINGUS IS HERE TO STAY!

And by the way, as you seem ignorant to what The Indo is, which you've quoted in the past, this is a national Irish newspaper, The Irish Independent... quite a useless and sensationalist newspaper disguised as a broadsheet imho, which is, just like you, notoriously anti EI and pro FR. So don't believe a word you read from the Indo regarding EI (ah but of course, that probably wouldn't suit you as they also write with some hidden agenda).

Bye Racedo...

Any EI employees here, one "silly" thing I've often wondered, with the way the Irish Independent tends to be so anti-EI, why is it you only sell the Indo onboard and not the Irish Times??