PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2009, 10:48
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Seems our posts crossed AFDS.

The "Who the hell cares" was a quote fron YOUR post, the thrust of which seemed to be that Emirates should have taken your personal circumstances into account when deciding whether to hire you or not.

I notice YOU don't seem to care whether the person who DID get the position was ALSO in need- you DESERVE the job and the hell with everybody else it seems.

If you are in dire circumstances, I do sympathise. I was out on my ear with 2 small kids 3 days after 9/11- but if we had been both going for a job then, would you have gallently stepped aside or taken the decistion of the employer?

I didn't get every job I applied for, including a few that would have been a god-send. But when I got knocked back I didn't rage with rightous indignation that :They compromise saftey because they didn't hie ME!!"...I got on with the process and got myself another job.

I am interviewing shortly for DEC at Jazeera and Jet Bird, Oman Air....
...And I trust that at these interviews, you will be informing them that if they DON'T hire you, you'll be all over the internet accusing them of "Compromising Saftey"