PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UA pilot falls foul of idiotically low UK alcohol law
Old 26th Mar 2009, 10:44
Old Lizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah so I was doing a bit of a wind up and judging by all the juvenile name calling behind anonymous "handles" I hit the mark. Some interesting comments though, especially the ones that use feeble logic to deduce I am in Americashire. (Sorry George III you have a lot to answer for when I get to meet you)

I don't condone the slightest amount of alcohol in the cockpit, or for that matter, behind the wheel. I am amazed though that I can be jailed for being at an alcohol level that does not permit me to drive a bus, but I would not even get a ticket if I were registering the same level in a car; and yes, I think the alcohol level for driving should be lower, with greater penalties in England - perhaps a look at the Norwegian way of handling DUI...... But the local authorities seem to be too busy spending my taxes checking to see if my garbage can is properly closed....we need more revenues to pay for all this oversight.

It's been raining cats and dogs here, and I am sadly grounded.....probably best to head for a cuppla beeeahs; mind you I live next door to my local, which is a very good thing.

Thanks boys!

Liz

Last edited by Old Lizzy; 26th Mar 2009 at 12:30.