PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Numb teeth on climb!
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2009, 10:37
moss197

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Numb teeth on climb!

G'day guys and girls, long time lurker first time poster. I will jump straight into it, at the moment I am about half way through my instrument rating and, inadvertently, I left my command time a little bit late for a schedule that I have been placed on at my school. I have had to do almost 25 hours command in about 8 days and in that 8 days I had a cold. Go figure. Anywho, everyone but everyone knows that when you fly with a cold its bad news for the person. Being the pilot it was for me haha. I have almost gotten over the cold and the ears are no longer hurting but when I climb out, passing about 3000' my top row teeth (On the left side in particular) begin to go numb. They feel like they are a real extension of my gums and it is very painful, BUT, when I descend it feels like heaven. The feeling that after your leg has been asleep for ages, you know, pins and needles. I am going to see a doctor in the next few days but if anyone could shed any light on this remarkable medical phenomena (Or lack there of ) I would be much appreciative. Thanks -Chris.