PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roster Woes - Are We Going Back To The Bad Old Days
Old 26th Mar 2009, 08:36
sanddancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I suggest we ignore the N American based pi__ing contest re 'my FTLs are worse than yours' and 'I earn way less then you' yada yada - all I see is big chips on shoulders and jealousy.

With regard to the main event I'm with DB - this attempt by management in CHC hasn't come with any degree of explanation/justification it's just standard 'old skool' big-stick management style and, have no doubt, if we roll over and take it on this, it'll be the thin end of the wedge. If there was a degree of candour or trust demonstrated then the situation may be different, however, I think we all feel that there is a hidden agenda, probably biased towards job losses.

The BALPA negotiations that resulted in the lifestyle roster were balanced and considered, there was an element of 'give' in the pay award for the 'take' in lifestyle - if the damagement want to take the lifestyle back they had better be prepared to give something in return.....