PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2009, 05:55
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A2D,

AJV get 11 days off, not 12. Basically, you get your contactural 10 days off and then they add a 'Blank Day' to give you a total of 11 off per month. In addition, you get 2 vacation days per month which you can save or spend as you wish. So, if you wanted to, you could have 13 days off, if you choose to use your vacation days each month.

Once in Japan, it's easiest to accept the fact that they own you. The roster is normally pretty full and most standby days at the moment seem to be changed to a duty. There's normally 2-3 dead heading trips between NRT & KIX. Basically, you're on the 'go' most days apart from a day off every 7 or so. I take this as being a good thing; I'd much rather my company be flying aircraft and me busy than the alternative

If you're looking for a job to sit around and do little, the don't bother applying. If you want a job with a decent company, that pays pretty well, honours your days off and flies the tidiest aircraft you'll ever see, then come on in, the water's lovely.