PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C206 vs C210 Hours
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2009, 21:22
erik07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C206 vs C210 Hours

Hi Everyone,

I'm an American national with an FAA CPL ~260hours, currently studying in Australia. I will, along with what seems to be the rest of fresh CPL holders, be trying to land my first job in Africa towards the end of this year / early next year, as I have family in SA and spent a good part of my youth living in Zambia. Having done a little bit of research (thank you PPRuNe search ), I believe the C206/210 are the most widely-used low-timer bush-planes used in the region, and I now have the opportunity to gain a few hours on either or both before leaving Australia.

After spending tens of thousands of $$$ on my license, cash is a little low, so I can only afford a total of 3-5 hours on getting this additional experience, so my question to you Africa-wise PPRuNers out there is whether you believe it would be advisable to spend all of my dosh getting hours on the C206, C210, or split it so i have around 2-3 hours of each?

The advantage of getting both, is that I think some African countries will automatically 'rate' me on the aircraft if I can prove ANY time flown in them in my logbook, hence giving me 'easy ratings' for both the 206 and 210.

Would really appreciate some advice/feedback/input.

Cheers, and many beers!

Erik

Last edited by erik07; 25th Mar 2009 at 21:57.