PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Officer for Sale on Ebay (for free!!)
Old 25th Mar 2009, 20:09
jetjockey737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got back from work and had a quick look to see what was going on in the aviation world...saw this and laughed. I think its quite funny. I then carried on reading and saw a barrage of abuse aimed at the guy....get a grip!!!

So many times I have seen posts about people mortgaging their parents upto the hilt and getting slated for it, well what else are we meant to do? How else do you propose we pay for our licences? Low hour guys have no option but to borrow more money to get through CTC schemes and the like. I have heard it suggested that they should all not do it and then the airlines would have no choice but to hire you the old fashioned way ( they pay for your type rating and bond you whilst paying you a decent wage ). Well here is a suggestion...we all tell BALPA that we want to go on strike until our employers reinstate those kind of opportunities!! Alot of pilots I have come across have are only concerned about themselves and wouldnt dream of sacrificing a weeks salary for the good of others. Until we, as a group, are willing to do that why dont we just lay off these wannabees trying to gain work in their chosen proffesion!

Out

JJ